Tuesday 7 September 2010

Where did summer go?

I am not talking just about the weather, although that is a fair question too. It started so promisingly with that gloriously hot spell over the Glastonbury weekend but then it all just went a little Pete Tong. Rumour has it that this August - in Britain - was the coldest August there has been in 17 years. Pathetic really. I need to move to a different country. 

Back to my original question though, where did the summer go? I broke up from university at the end of May, and now, all of a sudden, it is two weeks until i go back. 4 months have literally disappeared and i feel like i have very little to show for them despite having actually done a lot. 

When i first got home for summer i went back to work at Vintage Deli (check it out www.vintagedeli.co.uk) for a month to make some pennies. Then i went to Glastonbury, where i have a job working behind the bars doing office stuff, very good fun, I usually work between five and ten hours a day, as Glastonbury is basically a 24 hour festival this means i still get to see loads of stuff. Absolutely love Glastonbury!

Two days after returning from Glastonbury I flew out to India with my Boyfriend, we flew in to Delhi and out of Mumbai. We spent one month travelling around, the most breathtaking experience i have ever had, complete culture shock. A month is definitely not long enough though and we are both very eager to go back. My favourite stop would have to be Hampi for the relaxed atmosphere and stunning scenery. Although, Taj Mahal ... WOW.

So then, we got back from India, and went to a little local festival called Jelly Festival, got to catch up with all of our friends which was lovely, jet lag got me at about 1a.m. which i was a little upset about though. They day after this we drove to Cornwall where my family had rented a gorgeous house right near Bude for a week. Parents +  3 sisters + 1 brother-in-law + 1 boyfriend + 2 nieces + 2 nephews = complete and utter chaos. 

After returning from Cornwall I spent 3 weeks chilling out in Norfolk seeing the family. friends and my boyfriend a lot, and enjoying the countryside! Then went of to Reading festival, i'm not a big fan of this festival but a jobs a job and i needed the money bad by this point! 

That pretty much brings us up to date, now the 21st birthdays have started which means lots of parties - it also means i get to wear lots of pretty dresses - but alas, lots of money on buying people thoughtful presents! 

Despite the fact that i have done all of that stuff in the last few months i still feel like i somehow should have made more of my summer. I think this is partly due to the fact that India feels so surreal that i'm not sure my brain complete computes that i month ago i was travelling around there! Strange, i know. But, i am. 

Silver lining - I get to move into my gorgeous new flat in Wimbledon in a couple of weeks, so excited for that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment